Table of Contents
This is a get started guide to help schools to start using Gooru Navigator for Learners and Gooru Navigator for Instructors. It will describe the various steps to take and links to resources. This will help you get up and running quickly and guide you on how to find further information.
What major challenges is Navigator solving for you?
- You own your own data and are given tools to leverage it, understand it, and to make it work for you.
- You, your teachers, and students gain a rapidly expanding research-backed map of learning, and GPS-like tools that guide you.
- You join a community built tool, built by fellow schools, researchers, educators, and even students to solve your very real challenges. By working together, every challenge solved is shared with the whole ecosystem to the benefit of everyone!
How to sign up
- Sign up using the Schools sign up page
- Sign the MoU that will be generated
- Get the confirmation email for the creation of an account on Navigator
- You will then be contacted by the Gooru Team within 48 hours, with the next steps.
How to create a tenancy
- After you have signed up, if you require your own tenancy, please email Partner@gooru.org, you will be given access to a tenancy settings form to complete.
- After submitting that form, Your tenancy will then be setup as defined within it.
- Gooru will send you a notification that the tenancy has been created, with a link to your tenancy and information about the next step in the process (Roster your users)
How to roster learners
- Depending on how you have your user information stored we will use an appropriate process to roster your users.
- OneRoster template will be provided
- If you are using MAP scores or other standardized scores to set your users initial Skyline (locations), we will provide you with an appropriate template to complete.
- After submitting that template, we will set your users locations and you will get notified.