Table of Contents
This guide will help you to get started using Navigator tools. It will explain how to sign up, setup your own tenancy and various general use cases.
- Nextgen learning platform that is informed by practice and backed by research
- Tools for every stakeholder in the ecosystem – students, teachers, leadership, admins, curriculum providers, parents / guardians
- Tenancy and data lake that you own and manage access to
- Set up white-labeled tenancy
- Manage tenant settings
- Access demo course
- Setting up SSO
- Onboarding users
- Import/Add content
- Import your catalog into Navigator
- Create new content in Navigator
- Set up library
- Participate in webinars
How to sign up
- Sign up using the Learning Providers Sign Up page
- You will then be contacted by the Gooru Team within 48 hours, with the next steps.
How to manage your tenancy
- Email email@example.com and request to download tenant settings template
- Fill out the template and share it back with Gooru
- Tenancy created and access provided
- White label
- Upload logo
- Manage Disciplines/Frameworks
- Define applicable disciplines, subjects and frameworks
- Manage other settings
- Courses for classes
- Scope & Sequence for different subject/grades
How to set up SSO
- Choose applicable SSO model
- Define parameters to configure SSO
- If custom SSO, reach out to Gooru, Email firstname.lastname@example.org
How to onboard users
- Understand and define students, teachers, admins, parents/guardians roles
- Identify the Rostering method
- Define parameters to configure Roster sync
- Understand classes, enrolments as part of roster sync where applicable
- Review tenant settings for courses and classes, if applicable
- Enable roster sync
- If custom
- Download template for custom roster sync
- Upload filled out template of rosters
- Verify uploaded rosters
How to import or add content
Import bulk content
- Email email@example.com and request to import bulk content. Provide some details and we will provide you with a template for content ingestion.
- Define a mapping between your content and Navigator content types.
- Fill out the template with metadata and upload it to Gooru Navigator Library.
- Review ingested content and update metadata as needed.
- Create new content using Gooru Navigator Library.
- Create collections, assessments from imported content and/or OER content in the Gooru catalog.
How to configure and define Scope & Sequence
- Use existing scope & sequence for the tenant
- Define new scope & sequence as needed
- Configure default scope & sequence for subject/grade
How to start studying
- Teachers create a class and assign a subject/framework
- Determine initial location/skyline method – diagnostic, standardized test scores, or level
- Assign a Navigator course
- Add students to the class using email id or share class code for students to join
- Identify courses available for independent study
- Configure and set up course
How to access webinars
- Access webinar calendar on Navigator
- Access recordings of previous webinars